Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Tasty Tuesday: EASY Supper

You really should trust me here. Make this tonight. It is the perfect weather for it. Do not let your family see you make it. They will think that you worked very hard on this soup and it can be our little secret.

The great thing about this soup is that it is EASY and VERY YUMMY. Those two combinations don't always go together, but in this case they definitely do.
___________________________________________________________________________________
A big shout out to Aunt Joan for sending me this recipe. THANK YOU!!! It is sooooo good! I know I already said that, but it really is.


Busy Mom/Working Woman's Tortilla Soup

1 Large Can -26 oz. chicken and rice soup
1 can chicken broth
1 can pinto beans
1 can Rotel diced tomatoes and green chili
1 can chunk chicken ( Instead of can I buy the roasted chicken and cut it up --use about two thirds=-use other part for chicken salad-just depend how chickenie you want it )

Put all ingredients into a pot and simmer 10 minutes.......
season if you like garlic powder, etc.
Ladle into bowls and top with crushed tortilla chips and grated cheese-monterrey/chedder, dollop of sour cream/guacamole

I have added a can of crisp corn or can of hominy-Yummy!

Freezes well in ziploc individual serving bags.

___________________________________________________________________________________

I used the can of chicken because I was in hurry and it was super good. I also used black beans because that is what I had in the cabinet. Make sure you top it off with the cheese, chips, and sour cream.

Easy peasy as Courtney would say!

2 comments:

Allison said...

I made your soup tonight. It was awesome! Thanks for sharing the recipe! I used a rotisserie chicken and also added hominy and fresh garlic. Yummy!

Courtney said...

Sounds yummy! I'll have to try this soon!