SO....getting back on the subject...our favorite place, Manuel's is now not only closed on Mondays, but Tuesdays as well. Again, just our luck. I have a knack for showing up at places on their randomly closed days.
What to do? I'd already promised the kids out to eat for breakfast, then to Wally world to get a few groceries.
Back in June when we were here we ate a little cafe on the way out of town. This is not any little cafe, it's the only place that I know of where I've ever seen a teddy bear pancake. They aren't really on the menu, but when we were there the owner's granddaughter was there getting a special treat. After seeing this pancake in June, it's all Justin and I heard about for two weeks from Courtney. We were so tired of hearing about the teddy bear pancake and how she wanted one next time that we were going crazy. Then, of course, like most things...she forgot about it after about two weeks. That was until we pulled up at the cafe this morning. You should have seen her face! She very quickly remembered that this was the home of the teddy bear pancake. Now I only hoped they would be kind enough to make this special treat for my kiddos. As you can see, they were more than kind to make them for us and the kids LOVED them! Garrett thought his was a sea turtle pancake....he LOVES the sea turtles.


SO, if you are ever in Port Isabel and want a teddy bear/sea turtle pancake, you can find them at Isabel's Cafe. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment