Wednesday, June 3, 2009

It's A Hat Day (or maybe a scarf)

I think that my sister would agree with this.

A hat day in my book is a day that you relax, you don't care about your hair and you just wear a hat. Oh, yes, this is a normal for me. I have lots of hat days, but Anne doesn't get that luxury as often when she works every day in the out-patient clinic.

Well, this week, she was in in-patient and she was the patient.

She had her 3rd and final heart ablation on Monday. It was a doozie. She was in surgery for 10 hours but they think they got it this time. She is so strong. That's just alot to withstand. The "gurus" worked patiently and were very determined to make it work this time. Time will tell, but so far they are confident that the outcome will be good.

She got to go home today. I know she is glad to get home. Austin is a great place, no offense, I love visiting. I'd just rather visit when it doesn't involve the nice folks at St. David's on 32nd.

Mom and I got her a scarf to wear yesterday because she was tired of "hospital hair". She may be wearing her scarf or her hat today on the way home....but all I can say is HATS OFF to Anne...she is so strong! The recovery may be a little slower this time due to how long they worked on her, but she is doing good right now.

Thank you to everyone for your thoughts, prayers, and support during all of this!

XOXO, Kathy

10 comments:

S. Brook Bell said...

She is def in my prayers! Please keep me updated! What does she need?

Allison said...

I'm so glad to hear that her surgery went well! Keep us updated! And we'll see yall at the wedding!

Courtney said...

Oh goodness, I had no idea. I'm glad to hear things went well. We'll definitely keep her in our prayers for a speedy recovery!

Alicia said...

Thank you for the update Kathy. Momma keeps me up to date with all of Anne's progress and how strong she is. They have their moments of "that's my baby" and then I get a call from Mom. They are so cute together. Anne is definitely in our prayers here as well. Give her hugs for me next time you see her.

moehnkemadness said...

Praise God!

Anonymous said...

Oh WOW! She is definately strong. Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear she is doing well. 10 hours is a long time to be under. Tell her that I'm praying for her and praying that she doesn't have to do that again.

The Throne Family said...

Third time is the charm, right? Anne is so amazing about all of this she has such patience and strength! Tell her we are most definitely thinking of her and she is in our prayers. It is horrible to think she lives only about a mile away and it has FOREVER since we have seen each other!

Brandi Burden said...

I am happy to hear it went well. She is one strong chick! We will be thinking about her. Keep us updated.

Heather said...

prayers for a smooth recovery!!!

~Shelly~ said...

she is in our prayers. i hope she continues to stay strong!