Monday, October 26, 2009

Mama can't bake, but he doesn't care :)

Garrett was feeling much better by the time his actual birthday rolled around. I asked him what he wanted to eat for his birthday dinner and he said pizza. Big surprise. I then decided that there would definitely be time to bake a homeade cake if somebody else was doing the cooking for the meal. ;)

Garrett said he wanted a cherry cake. Ok. I decided that a red velvet cake would be close enough. I searched and searched for a recipe and finally settled for one I found online. I would have much rather found one in one of the many cookbooks I have, but it just didn't happen. I just had a gut feeling this was all going the wrong way, but we forged on and baked the mystery outcome red velvet cake.

The gut feeling was right. The cake was horrible and the icing turned out even worse. I can't believe that I'm posting this, but you'll see why from the picture. This little boy sure knows how to make his mommy feel better about a yucky cake. He thought it was the best cake in the world. One of the MANY, MANY reasons I love this kid to pieces.










See, I told you it was bad. I'm embarassed by the cake but I had to share his sweet excitement.

Please feel free to link me to your favorite red velvet cake recipe in the comments. ;)

4 comments:

Alicia said...

What a handsome cutie! Such a big smile on his face, that something must have been right!

~Shelly~ said...

He is so darn cute!!
Well, Kraft never lets me down.. not sure where u found the recipe but they have one on their site..

http://www.kraftfoods.com/kf/recipes/red-velvet-cake-52106.aspx

The Gray Family said...

That is the cutest post EVER! You need to get Angela Phillips (Throne's) recipe.... she made my red velvet cake for my wedding!!!! YUMMY!

Brandi Burden said...

LOL Aww I love him...he is soo sweet!
I can't help you here because I am not a baker. haha