Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Yesterday was the Last Day


Quite possibly my least favorite day of the year. I'm not a negative person, but if I had to pick a least fav day, this would be it. The last day of summer break.



I love the bond that C & G have over the summer. It's like there is no age difference and no gender difference. When school starts that all goes away. G for some reason isn't cool to her anymore.

I love having my kiddos home. Just hanging out with them is probably my very favorite thing in the world.


I wish I could bottle summer.

Minus the heat and the drought.

With that said, today is probably one of my favorite days. A day of new beginnings and adventures for C. We are so excited about the school year she has ahead of her.

She loves to learn.

She has lots of sweet friends in her class.

She has an amazing teacher to spend the year with.

I firmly believe that God puts the right people in our lives at just the right time. Mrs. Jackson is so sweet and we (I mean she...lol) can't wait to spend this year with her!

She was a little nervous this morning...wouldn't eat her special breakfast that she requested.

But, I'm sure she'll do fine.

I'm not sure about her brother though.

He went into meltdown mode as soon as Daddy and Sissy left.

Possibly from missing his sister or maybe he was literally melting from refusing to wear anything but those flannel footies to bed in the middle of the hottest summer ever.

I never know about him.


2 comments:

Tiffany said...

I'm so glad I have friends that feel the same way I do. Today was so bittersweet, thankfully both girls loved their classes and can't wait to go back. Enjoy your sweet boy being home, I miss having a buddy home with me. Tell sweet Courtney she looked adorable today!
-Tiffany and Camille

Allison said...

She just looks so grown up now... I hope she has a great year! Enjoy your last year at home with Garrett. They just grow up so fast! I wish this summer wouldn't have been so hot and miserable. I feel like we hibernated all summer long =( Enough with the heat and drought!