Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Birdie Awards

This past weekend was fast and furious, but so fun! We had lots of friends and family here for the opening days of dove season. Shockingly, there were lots of birds. We officially have no water in the creek or the tank so we weren't sure what that would mean for hunting. It actually was the best hunting in years. Nobody was disappointed. (except for maybe the birds)

The kids had a blast. This is the first year they got to "hunt". I think it was mainly that they got to play with friends that made it so fun. I know that's what did it for me. I'm not so much the hunter. More of a watcher. Big surprise, I know.

And now for the long awaited Birdie Awards...

Best artwork for the '11 dove season:


The cutest hunters for the '11 dove season:


Best buddies for the 2011 dove season:



Most scared to hold a dove for the '11 dove season:


Most serious hunters for the '11 season:


Most dove killed for the '11 dove season:



Most shells left in the pasture for the '11 dove season:


Love you Trav! G wants to know when you are coming back. He has been brushing up on his wrestling skilz.

No comments: