On his birthday we got a call from every neighbor that had view of the pasture. They were all a little enchanted by our new little buddy. He was a novelty item.
As you can see, for the most part we have solid black Brangus mama cows. We have three bulls....one being a solid black Angus and then we have two Hereford bulls. The goal is a solid black calf or a solid black calf with a white bald face.
The only explanation for this little guy that I lovingly named "Ugly" is that in the middle of the night one night, somebody let a random bull visit one particular solid black mama cow for a little bit and then took him back home. I can't explain their reasoning on this,this is just my assumption.
Anyway, I am so sad for Ugly. He went to the sale this weekend and I got the check in the mail today. Nobody wanted to buy him. The auction barn had to buy him at a far more inferior price than his brothers and sisters. I feel like I let one of my children down. Like I sent him to school and nobody played with him and he came home crying. Except he didn't come home and now he's all alone out there in this cold world with nobody to love him.
Moral of the story:
Never name an animal that you are going to sell. My Daddy told me this, but this one time I had a slip-up.
Or maybe the moral should be:
I should have named him "Pretty".
The End.
2 comments:
What a beautiful cow. Kinda sad that you had to let him go.... Great picture too!
Aww poor guy! I bet he is happy and has some new cow buddies!!
Post a Comment