Friday, July 4, 2008

FEEEEEEL the Heat!







Courtney was old enough this year to run summer track. I thought it would be a good fun thing to do that was literally less than a mile from the house for practices. We decided to just do the one local meet this year, but she had so much fun that we may have to also go to the one in Temple. I love this last picture....it really captures the cute, excited look that she had when she would take off of each jump for the long jump.
She participated in the long jump and the 50M dash. The long jump went well, but we had a slight mishap in the 50M. The girls went first, but when the girls took off, all the boys that were supposed to run next also took off...the coaches yelled, "stop, come back" to the boys, and Courtney stopped and came back because she thought they were yelling at her. She still went ahead and ran, and the 6th place ribbon didn't seem to bother her at all. :)

1 comment:

Courtney said...

OMG--too precious! Another Courtney-family athlete...no surprise there!

Thanks for clarifying about Garrett and the lake. That makes me feel better. I was starting to get a little jealous! :-) Oh, and that monkey came from Target (of course). It's in the baby section...they have a bear and a puppy too. I think there around $10-15. It's very nice when he's having a tantrum in the stroller, but can't be turned loose.

...and no cutting the curls! I had actually gone back on your blog and saw the post about cutting his hair. I couldn't believe how different he looked! That helped to further confirm my decision...Clinton's already the size of a two year old, I don't need his face to look like one, too!! :-)