...and she's not even mine!
I'm sure I'll have lots of fun stories after "teaching" at the preschool for a few weeks. I'm in the 3 year old room and I really do love that age. A challenge? Yes. But, never a dull moment.
Today was my first Friday to be there. Some of the kiddos only come on Friday, so we had some today that I'd never had before. One little girl and I played and read books. Then, she looks up at me and says "Is your mommy picking you up today?" in the sweetest little voice. I tried to explain to her that I was a mommy and I'd be picking my kids up today. She was a little confused as she really thought that I was a new kid in the class. I figured that I had explained it well enough and she had understood that I'm a substitute teacher in her class for a few weeks.
Fast forward about an hour...
Our little class heads out to the playground and we pass Courtney's class coming in from the playground. Courtney runs and gives me a hug and we talk for a second and then keep going.
The little girl stops me. Looks at me so sweet and says, "Is that your sister you were hugging?!"
I LOVE her. She thinks that Courtney and I are sisters! She innocently believes that I am 3!
So sweet.
I must play make believe way better than I thought I did. ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
How sweet! :)
Too Sweet. I love how innocent they really are.
how funny! yes its natalie lippie! we love her. shes so sweet and to me- much better and more through than chak. he was always in too much of a hurry for us and didnt seem to care or remember what we talked about the time before. shes on a much better personal level. love her!
thorough..? i cant spell!! lol
That is such a cute story! How sweet!!
lol...too cute...i love love love little ones...too smart for their own britches i swear...
Oh my goodness Kathy! That is so cute! And hilarious!!! I love when I get to look at your blog! Your kids are GORGEOUS! And you're so creative! =) I miss you!
Post a Comment