Monday, March 23, 2009

Dallas World Aquarium

Actually, this post should be titled "Dallas ISD Spring Break." Note to self: Don't go to Dallas during spring break.

Meme was on spring break last week so we loaded up and headed to Dallas on Tuesday because I wanted to go to the Arboretum and Meme wanted to go to the Dallas World Aquarium. It didn't take much convincing Garrett that we would take a long ride, but sea turtles would be at the end. We thought we were good to go. Until we got there. I thought that I'd written down great instructions on how to get there, but Mapquest doesn't tell you that Griffin street takes a sharp curve and if you don't get on it and you go straight like any normal road, well you won't get there. (nice run-on sentence) Instead of stopping and asking, I gave up and headed to the Arboretum.

That was mistake #2. My directions were great, but the parking was not. There was nowhere to park within a million miles. Plan B. Go eat.

We headed back downtown to the aquarium vicinity and ate at Old MacDonalds and found out how to get to the aquarium. We hiked through downtown only to find a line almost 2 blocks long. Any normal group of people would have turned around and tried to find the nearest exit out of there, but....remember that 2 year old little boy we promised sea turtles? So, we waited our turn in line to head into the jungle aquarium mosh pit.

Here are a few pictures from our trip:





I know, usually Blogger turns my pictures the right way. But, I guess it's the value priced camera that I bought for our ski trip that my computer won't even recognize's fault. Just turn your head this time. I promise I won't do it again. I also promise I won't use so many grammatical errors again, but it kind of fits with the kind of day we had.

All in all it was a really neat place despite the fact that we were super tired from all the driving around and waiting in line. Oh, and the fact that the place probably should have been fire marshalled for over-occupancy, but I reeeeaally didn't want to think about that when there were hundreds of people suspended on the same balcony as I was looking into the jungle/shark pool. ;)

We had fun spending time with Meme, but we all agreed that next time we'll go to the farm.

2 comments:

Alicia said...

Love the pictures. Meme looks great! Your little boy is turning into a little man rather fast! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Yes, everywhere was crazy in Dallas this week because of Spring Break. Brian and I were starting to wonder if anyone in this town actually works:)

I love the Arboretum, one of my favorite spots in the city, I even have a membership. I need to get back out there before the end of the month to see the architecture firm Fairytale house interpretations.