Thursday, May 14, 2009

Do You or Don't You? Edition 1 ....& a giveaway!

Welcome to the inaugural edition of "Do You or Don't You"! I'm not going to call it Do You or Don't You Thursday or any thing like that. It will just be on random days and may or may not be incorporated with a prize drawing.

SO...the question of the day....drumroll...

Do you or don't you use reusable grocery bags?

I personally like them because they hold alot and they don't slosh around in the back of the car like the plastic ones. Some of them are even cute...oh, yes, and it's better for the environment they say.

Here's one of mine:


I just stuff them all in one until it's time to shop:


My favorite one from the island:



Oh yes, and the prize today...leave your comment stating if you do or you don't and you will be entered to win a pair of Texas Land Bank reusable grocery bags...you really don't want to miss out on these fashionable bags!

I know, I know....You probably are thinking to yourself that I have WAY too much time on my hands, but the fact of the matter is that I'm procrastinating because I don't want to mop my floors.

So, go ahead, humor me and all two of you leave your comments so I can send someone some free bags. Contest ends midnight Saturday and I'll post the winner sometime on Sunday!

Do you or don't you use reusable grocery bags?

11 comments:

Brandi Burden said...

Well I have tried!! haha I buy them and forget to bring them into the store! I need to get in the habit though!! BTW I am about to mop also...this was my little escape before hand. lol Better get to it before Greys!!

Heather said...

well yes and no. i've bought a bunch, but i need to take your hint and stuff them together and take em with me!

p.s. those nasty for the earth plastic ones? i DO recycle those!

Allison said...

Yes, I do. But I only have one right now (because it was free.) :)

And I have to say you are making me miss TX with the HEB and the SPI ones. (We lived in CC, if you don't happen to remember.) :)

Angie Herdman said...

I am with Brandi - I have several and leave them in the car each time I go into the grocery store. I think they are great because they hold so much and are easy to carry. But, I also need plastic bags for poopy diapers and dog pooh. I mopped yesterday.

Anonymous said...

I have never used one, but I think I would if I had some. I'm with Angie, I use the plastic bags for other uses too. They don't just go in the garbage. Good question... I like your blog entry! :)

The Throne Family said...

I use them all of the time, and I love them! I even use them when we go on trips to take all of Owen's gear.

You are right they hold so much more. I am always amazed at the grocery store, it is like I have Mary Poppins' magical carpet bag.

stephanie h said...

Well, I only have one and I bought it at Target cause it was cute. LOL

But, I do use it from time to time.

I will say that I do reuse the plastic one for other things, (like small garbage bags, and Jeff uses them to carry his lunch). So, I'm not all bad, am I? LOL

Courtney said...

I use them and love them! However, I get irritated when they put TWO gallons of milk in the same bag! It's soooooooo freakin' heavy! I do like to get the plastic bags at Target though because I use them for poopy diapers.

Ugh...I desperately need to mop!

Miranda said...

I have to say that I do not use reuseable grocerie bags. I dont really have a reason why not to. I guess I just dont think about it. Opps. Speaking of plastic sacks the last time I was at HEB and got to my car the bottom busted out of the milk sack, and the milk hit the concrete and busted everywhere. yup that was a waste of $3.50. So maybe I should take a hint from everyone on here and go and get me some.

Allison said...

Yes, we use the reusable bags when we grocery shop. I have 3 and I love them. My favorite is from Whole Foods, but I have 2 from HEB that I like too. They are nice and sturdy and great for all sorts of purposes. We have definitely tried to "Go Green" around here. We started recycling plastic, paper, and cardboard and it's amazing how much stuff you keep out of the landfill in just a matter of 1-2 weeks!

Unknown said...

Nope! But I do have the "keep em cold bags" to use in the summer time, since it's 30 minutes home from the store!