Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The Big Day

We had such a fun day yesterday that we were all not looking forward to today. A good night's sleep will do a Kindergartner good. She woke ready to go, a little apprehensive, but ready. She was so nervous that she wouldn't eat ANY of her breakfast. I worried about how hungry she would be all morning.


So grown up. She picked out this dress and back pack back in June. I have been so surprised that she didn't have a fit about wanting all the Hello Kitty back packs and lunch boxes that we have seen in the meantime. She was set on this one from the beginning and has never waivered. She does have Hello Kitty socks on though.

We dropped Garrett off at Grandma's on the way so we wouldn't have to chase him around during the Kindergarten parent coffee.

Ready....

Set... (I think that I need to order Justin a lunch box like C's)

Go! (he just didn't want to give up the lunchbox)


I think this picture says it all. She was ready. Ready for us to leave.

Hope you had a fun day sweet girl! We are off to pick her up now. Can't wait to hear all about her first day!

8 comments:

Swartz's Scribbles said...

I love it. I am so glad Bella and Courtney are in class together. It's gonna be a good year!

PS You are an amazing photographer. Do you teach classes? :)

The Throne Family said...

So big and so Cute!!! Congratulations on having a very stylish Big Girl!

The Gray Family said...

Awe! I literally have a tear rolling down my cheek! I can't believe she is so grown up!

Anonymous said...

The pictures are so cute! I hope she had a great first day of school.

Alicia said...

I love all these pictures...do you still have the same camera? what is it again? the colors are just amazing, do they print this clear as well? Courtney is all grown up now and still as cute as ever...Garrett is too cute too! Love the little family picture minus Garrett...=(

~Shelly~ said...

What a great daddy. I hope her day went well!! I love the backpack/lunchbox set- so cute.
Good luck to Miss C this year!!

Allison said...

Awww... "tear" my niece is all grown up! She looks so adorable in her outfit with her cute backpack/lunchbox set. I hope her 1st day was a success! And hopefully you and Garrett had a nice day as well. Can't wait to hear all about it! =)

T. Hausman said...

What a pleasure to have this little peek into you wonderful life. I remember the first day of school. I always took picture of the kids all dressed up ready to go in their new, freshly pressed clothes. God's continued blessing!
<3, T.