Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Tasty Tuesday: Mama's Chicken Spaghetti

Folks, we all know that you can't go wrong with chicken spaghetti. It's a fact. Make it for guests, make it to take to a friend that is sick, make it for a family gathering, or just make it because you want it.

All chicken spaghetti is good. I'll never turn it down. BUT, my mom's is the best. Trust me here.

What you need:
4 large chicken breasts
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 optional small can of green chilis
1 small onion - diced
1 cup of diced back olives - I use sliced
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1 lb grated American cheese
1 small can of pimentos - I leave this out, but it's prettier with it
12 oz long spaghetti

Boil the chicken until cooked. Then take chicken off the bone. Shred it if you want. Boil the spaghetti. Mix chicken, soups, chilis, onion, olives, pepper & salt in mixing bowl. In a large casserole dish, layer 1/2 of the spaghetti, then half of the chicken mix, then 1/2 of the cheese. Then repeat the layers. Bake at 300 degrees for 30 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly. You can also split it into two small square dishes and eat one and take one to a friend. :)

XOXO, Kathy

2 comments:

The Gray Family said...

Guess what I had for supper last night???

Courtney said...

My mom has a chicken pasketti recipe, too...but I'll have to try this one out!