Monday, March 30, 2009

It's 9:25 AM...

...and we've already had 3 telemarketing calls. We average about 8 a day.

It is out of control.

I take the phone off the hook most of the day because I'm tired of it. I don't have the energy or time to waste to answer and wait through all of the computerized voices to get taken off their lists.

We could get rid of our land line, but what if there was an emergency and Courtney needed to use the phone?

What do you do? Do you have a solution to this madness?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You might try letting the kids talk to the telemarketers. Maybe they won't call back if the kids have an awesome, long story to tell AND the telemarketer would be the one that was unable to get the word in. I think you can go on the web to the No Call List and put your number on there too. www.donotcall.gov/ It takes about 30 days, but maybe it will slow down after that??

Courtney said...

Register at www.donotcall.gov. It will get rid of 90% of the calls. Unfortunately, vendors you do business with can still call, but everyone else must leave you alone!

Angie Herdman said...

My thoughts are with you! I had 8 calls by noon today. We just registered for the no call list. They said it could take up to a month for it to go into effect. If that does not work we are going to get rid of the land line.