
My Dad turned 60 on June 1st. I know I'm rewinding back into the summer, but I may do that a bunch in the next few weeks. The first six weeks of summer were just super fun, but they were a blur. We were going, going, going all the time. Anyway....we had a surprise party planned for Daddy. We didn't do it until the end of June because of lots of other things that were going on. I think that is what made it even more of a surprise. He just really had no clue.
We had the party at a little dance hall out near Clifton called Womack Hall. It's a neat little place that is old and rustic. The perfect place. He thought that he was showing up for our neighbor Trish's 60th birthday party. Trish turned 60 this month. We just told him they were having the party a little early. Thank you Trish for being born around the same time as he was. It just worked out perfectly for our surprise.

Here she is hiding from the camera. Young lady, we can still see you. And may I just say that 60 looks pretty darn good on you.

Don't you think?
We had a nice little barbecue dinner and ice cream sundaes for dessert. Ice cream was just fitting. There really was no question about it.
There was music. And a little dancing.



And a little slideshow of lots of old pictures.



And lots of fun catching up with friends and family.


This cowboy, Mr. Harris, showed up early and brought this big iron plow gag gift thing. It has been passed from rancher friend to rancher friend on their 60th birthday. Daddy now has his instructions on which 60 year old gets it next. They were cracking me up.

We had so much fun. It was great to celebrate Daddy and great to see so many good friends that I don't get to see that often. Happy Birthday Daddy!! (again!)
1 comment:
Aww yay for surprises! It's awesome that yall got him!! Looks like everyone had a good time! There's something about Womack Hall...its just always fun there! =)
Post a Comment